Trauma Therapy in St. Louis, MO
Find meaning and joy in life again.
Life’s challenges can feel dark, heavy, or even impossible to deal with. Most people who start trauma therapy feel lost in life on some level, unsure of how to find their way. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe your days start to blur together or you know you’d be happier if you made changes but it feels safer and more comfortable to stay the same.
Stuck and overwhelmed, you may feel like life is out of control.
Do you feel numb, panicky, or ashamed?
Do any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel lonely, even when you are with others.
- You are in a constant state of fear and it rules your life.
- You feel dread, worry, and a pounding heart.
- You blame yourself for the events that caused your PTSD symptoms.
If these sound true to you, we want you to know that you’re not “crazy.” And even though you might feel alone in your struggle, what you are going through is common and it’s okay to ask for help. Many people find it difficult to cope with overwhelming feelings and stress after experiencing trauma.
Even if you don’t believe you deserve care, you do. You deserve to take care of yourself.
“Trauma is a fact of life. It does not, however, have to be a life sentance.”— Peter Levine
Trauma therapy can help you get your life back
It is possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could…
- Really feel joy
- Feel more capacity to manage your emotions
- Get to the root and solve your underlying nervous system dysregulation instead of using band-aids
- Change your life for the better
Step back and focus on healing your trauma
Working with a PTSD therapist helps you rise above your challenges and start moving toward your ideal life with less suffering and more fulfillment.
You may find the new mindset you need to move through difficult life experiences and finally resolve things from your past.
Even if you are fearful about talking to a therapist about your painful experiences, trauma therapy may be able to help.
We’ve helped people struggling with symptoms of trauma and PTSD find their way to feeling calmer and more emotionally regulated. Our clients discover that it is possible to rebound from overwhelming and traumatic experiences. It is possible to increase your capacity to thrive again.
We are therapists, humans, and trauma experts who are here to help.
How trauma therapy works
At Emovere, we do trauma therapy in St. Louis, MO a little differently. We value an embodied approach to care because we understand that trauma lives in the body. We also understand that just talking about your experience isn’t enough. Trauma is something that moves us and sometimes needs more than words to be expressed.
Our therapy for trauma and PTSD consists of one-on-one sessions that help you work through your PTSD symptoms. In addition to listening, your therapist may share thoughts when it’s helpful, encourage you to slow down and notice body sensations, move, play, or engage in art and sand tray.
Steps for trauma therapy:
- First, your trauma therapist will provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles.
- Through hearing your story, your therapist will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- Your trauma therapist will start by helping you with immediate concerns like expressing difficult emotions and coping with challenging life situations.
- You will also work together to discover your goals in trauma or PTSD treatment and life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, you’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of your trauma or PTSD treatment sessions, you will start making progress toward the life you desire.
Research shows that trauma therapy can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
Let’s get started with trauma & PTSD treatment in Missouri
Ready to start feeling better? If your emotions feel out of control, embodied trauma therapy could help.
Contact us to get started. During your call, you can share what’s going on for you and ask us any questions you may have. By understanding your needs, we will help you choose the best therapist for you and schedule your first session. We are here to help you move through.SCHEDULE A TRAUMA THERAPY SESSION